You do not have to register your suppliers if the brand/manufacturer supplies you directly and you have already registered it. It all depends on what you need, but if the supplier of the product is not the same as the brand, you need to make sure that both are registered, and that they are both associated with the corresponding products.
In PrestaShop, a supplier is the company that supplies you with the products.
Even if you are selling your own products, you need to at least create a supplier for your company.
Just like brands, visitors to your shop can quickly access a list of a supplier's products. This makes it easier for them to navigate your site. In terms of visibility, filling out these fields will improve your position in search engines.
Click on the "Add new supplier" button, and a creation form appears.
Fill out all of the fields:
Name. Indicate the name of the supplier in order to simplify your visitor's searches.
Description. Add a more complex description of your supplier and their activity and products.You can detail their specialties and promote the quality of their products. The supplier's description will be shown within your shop among the others.The address fields (Phone, Address, Postcode, City, State, and Country). The "State" field only appears for relevant countries.
Logo. Having a supplier logo is essential: it grabs customer attention and makes them trust your shop almost as much as they trust that supplier.
The SEO fields (Title, Meta description, and Meta Keywords). These provide the same functionality as they do in the categories.
- Meta title. The title that will appear in search engines when your link is displayed in its search results.
- Meta description. A presentation of your site in just a few lines, intended to capture a customer's interest. This will appear in search results.
- Meta keywords. Keywords must be defined in order to have your site referenced by search engines. You can enter several of them, separated by commas, or use expressions, which must be indicated in quotation marks.
Enabled. You can disable a supplier, even temporarily. This will only remove it from the suppliers list on your shop's front-end.
Save your changes in order to be taken back to the suppliers list. From there, you can:
- Click on a supplier's name or logo, and get all the products associated with it. If there are none, then you should associate products with this supplier, working on a per-product basis, from the "Products" page under the "Catalog" menu, using each product's "Suppliers" tab. The same result is achieved by clicking the "View" icon on the right of the current page.
- Disable the supplier by clicking on the green check mark. Once disabled, a red cross appears in its place: click to re-enable the supplier.
- Edit/delete the supplier by clicking on the respective buttons to the right of the row.